Fresh Production Operations Coordinator
Silver Valley Farms Ltd.
Maple Ridge, BC
The Fresh Production and Quality Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Production Manager in various technical and administrative tasks. Specific duties of a Fresh Production and Quality Coordinator include monitoring program schedules, assisting production supervisors and QC techs with work preparation, handling day to day administrative tasks in the division, acting as liaison between quality control, production and agricultural area, ensuring that all the raw materials are stocked in appropriate quantities and meet the specification, monitoring the food safety program and performing several other tasks as required.
A Fresh Production and Quality Coordinator reports to the Production Manager.
We are a family-owned and operated business experiencing growth and entry into new markets.
We are a fast paced, high volume farm and fresh fruit packing facility. This position must both adjust and adapt to the ongoing requirements.
To help maintain freshness, our production facility is located in close proximity to our farms, allowing processing to begin quickly after harvest. Blueberries are cleaned and packed on site using state of the art equipment and trained personnel.
The ideal candidate thrives on challenge and change, and seeks out communication and direction where required, yet has the confidence to make quality decisions required in the absence of direction.
- Assisting senior management in the overall operations of farm
- Based on direction from senior management, develop production goals and communicate job expectations to employees and supervisors;
- Hire, coordinate, educate and counsel employees to ensure compliance with established policies, good manufacturing and agricultural practices and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Direct the production, maintenance and quality control departments to ensure safe and clean work environment, compliance with policies and good manufacturing and agricultural practices by staff
- Develop and provide manufacturing reports by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data;
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, and production results.
- Answering questions and responding to requests from department supervisors and senior management.
- Work with production departments to determine equipment purchase and repair needs and production supply needs and order, purchase and repair as required
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Agriculture/Science
- 2-5 years of experience in fresh fruit packinghouse
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Spanish as a second language is not required, but an asset
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full time, position.
- Availability to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
- Estimated start date: June 1st, 2017.
- Wage: $38,000-$42,000 annually.
- Positions available: 1