Jr. to Int. Facility Designer - Architecture & Design Dept.
We are a leading international creator/developer of custom entertainment attractions with a strong focus on special effects and motion cinema experiences. Our Architectural Design Department is currently seeking at least one Junior to Intermediate Designer to join the team based out of our downtown Toronto office.
You will report primarily to the Facility Design Manager with constant interaction with the VP of the Architectural Department. You will often work closely with other department designers, while at the same time are responsible for your own projects and proposal designs. The department is considered a cross between interior architectural design, interior design and entertainment design. We work closely with our in-house mechanical and electrical engineers, to integrate detailed information into our facility packages. You will be involved in creating various attractions worldwide at many of the world’s largest theme parks, aquariums and science centres to name a few. We are also creating custom experiences with well know intellectual property owners.
- Develop initial layout plans and sections for preliminary proposals
- Create 3D concept renderings, Sketchup (with rendering software knowledge an asset)
- Prepare detailed AutoCAD design packages and documentation based on current standard formats
- Coordinate drawing package details with internal electrical, mechanical and audiovisual engineering teams requirements, with their close direction
- Understand Barrier Free, Building Code and ADA regulations to ensure functional, safe and effective attraction operation, typically following International Standards
- Site documentation and analysis may require travel if necessary
- Ensure designs comply with current standards and that all documents are accurate and consistent
- Occasionally review shop drawings and sub-consultants work for conformance to project requirements
- Interact with client project team representatives, contractors, consultants, on a job to job basis occasionally in person, generally via teleconferencing
- Provide support to the internal engineering, production and sales team
- Research and contact material/finish suppliers on a job to job basis and acquire necessary samples for internal and client approval
Salary to commensurate with experience, as we are looking for Junior through to intermediate for potentially more than one position to be filled.
- Post-secondary graduate (degree/diploma) in Architectural/Interior Design or other relevant discipline
- 1-5+ years of experience in creating and delivering successful design solutions to the architectural/interior sector, entertainment sector an asset
- AutoCAD and Sketch-Up high proficiency, proficient in Photoshop/InDesign; Podium, Vray, Lumion, or equivalent rendering programs are definite assets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please specify when you are available to begin, as we are looking for as early as March 15, 2017 or flexible up to as late as April, potentially May for other positions.
- English – Must strong written and oral communication skills in English
The ideal candidate should be a Graduate. Candidates must have earned Diploma or Degree. The Candidate must be from the Architecture or Interior Design (or similar) faculty with an academic focus on any of the Architecture Faculty focus areas or Design or be from the Media, Communication, Design, Applied Arts faculty with an academic focus on Interior Design.
Only candidates being considered for the role will be contacted.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: