Accountant / Bookkeeper
Motorsports In Action
Are you an organized and professional individual with experience in accounting or bookkeeping? Would you enjoy joining a dynamic team and work for a quality employer in an exciting work environment with a strong sense of family? This is the opportunity for you…
Motorsports In Action specializes in providing a range of high-end mechanics, exotic automotive maintenance, complete race car building and design. Our company also provides technical, logistical and operational race support to clients and owns and manages a professional racing team. Working in our offices located at the Autodrome St-Eustache, your primary mandate will be dealing with the full cycle of accounting tasks, including all of the company’s financial recordkeeping, supporting and executing accounts receivable and accounts payable processes, reconciling bank statements as well as assisting with various clerical and administrative tasks.
- Preparing and compiling monthly journal entries and expense analyses;
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system;
- Writing checks and managing the company’s bank accounts;
- Performing bank and credit card accounts reconciliations;
- Performing month-end and year-end balancing, reporting and billing;
- Preparing government reports (GST, QST, etc);
- Preparing credit applications and purchase orders;
- Paying supplier invoices in a timely manner;
- Reconciling, reviewing and processing supplier invoices for payment;
- Tracking accounts receivable and ensuring that receivables are collected promptly;
- Preparing and tracking project/event/race expenses;
- Assisting the preparation of budgets and financial reports;
- Maintaining the petty cash fund;
- Proving information to the company’s external Senior Accountant who creates the company’s year-end financial statements and filings;
- Maintaining office materials and supplies;
- Providing clerical and administrative support and answering the telephone (low call volume) when required;
- Applying sensitivity, confidentiality and attention to detail to all tasks.
Profile and Qualifications:
- Hardworking, proactive, organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong analytical and financial skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to apply them with maturity, judgement and discretion;
- Ability to meet deadlines, set and adjust priorities and solve problems without close supervision;
- Capable of maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in the preparation and management of financial information;
- Motivated, friendly and team player;
- Open to performing office and administration support tasks (during down time) as needed.
- Bilingual - French and English (oral and written);
- University degree or CÉGEP diploma (DEC) in Accounting or relevant work experience;
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working effectively in this or a similar role;
- Proficiency with computer skills (Excel, Accounting software);
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Premier 2016 is an asset;
- Strong data entry skills;
- The communication skills and comfort level required to confidently follow up on collections when required while remaining tactful, assertive and focused on customer service.
Full time position for immediate hiring.
Accountant / Bookkeeper
Accounting Manager / Directeur de ComptabilitÃ©
Bookkeeper / Technicien comptable