Senior Geo-technical Engineer
Keller Canada Services
Keller Canada Services, Ltd., a Keller Company, is seeking a proactive Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Western Region.
Report to (Title): Regional Manager
The position could be based in our office in Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver. Applicants with a master’s degree and a specialization in geotechnical engineering are preferred, and applicants with a bachelor’s degree and suitable experience will be considered. Eligibility to register as a professional engineer across Canada, and a minimum of ten years of applicable engineering experience are required.
- Geotechnical investigations
- Geotechnical engineering design including:
- Deep foundation design,
- Excavation support design,
- Ground improvement design,
- and seismic design
- Complex geotechnical analyses using industry standard software
- Construction material evaluations
- Construction monitoring and project management
- Practical work experience specifically related to deep foundation, excavation support and ground improvement projects is necessary
- Strong background in geotechnical analyses and design and project management experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated capability to work cooperatively within multidisciplinary teams and assist in developing junior staff
The successful applicant will be expected to coordinate office design and site work activities. Additional responsibilities will include geotechnical analyses, optimizing designs, and writing technical reports. Travel across Western Canada and the US to project sites is a requirement of the position. Experience in the construction industry, including client liaison activities, is a necessary pre-requisite. The candidate must be fluent in English and Spanish and/or French is a plus.