In Home Sales Consultant
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
The Shaw team in Vancouver, BC is looking for In Home Consultants to come join their residential sales and marketing team. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated with a positive "can do" attitude to join a premier team within the company. This certainly isn't your regular sales gig. We are a team that is highly productive and motivated. We value innovation, are very engaged, socially responsible and most importantly, like to have a lot of fun while at work. We cultivate a work-life balance where every day feels like a Friday on this team!
As our customers’ first point of contact in the community, you will be knocking on doors and sharing information about our Shaw services. You’re energized to be a brand ambassador in a constantly evolving industry with leading edge technology. When customers choose Shaw, you are the person they talk to. You have the ability to ask the right questions to effectively match Shaw’s products and services with our customer’s unique needs and to uncover other opportunities. You will be our customer’s connectivity expert on entertainment packages and services that add value by fitting their unique lifestyle and financial needs. You have excellent verbal communication that allows you to encourage an organic and engaging conversation. You love to learn and you love the way it feels to help someone out. You believe in working in a company with strong family values. You are part of an amazing team. If this sounds like you, you could be our next In Home Consultant!
Who you are and what you bring:
- Promote and sell the features, advantages and benefits of our exceptional Shaw products and services
- Attend local community events and promotional appearances to generate sales
- Generate sales from potential customers and increase lead/referral database and social media
- Deliver exceptional customer experience
- Accurately track, record and report daily sales
- Willingness to meet and exceed individual and team sales targets
- Ability to network and communicate effectively
- An entrepreneurial approach to building your career
- Have a passion for technology and being a part of a tech savvy, high energy team
- Demonstrate success in Customer Service and/or sales
- Work with defined sales goals and/or quotas; experience in field sales is preferred but not necessary
- A team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- An individual who shows confidence, integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Someone that is accountable, exemplifies loyalty and would never compromise integrity
- You will earn bonus considerations for:
- Speaking one or more additional languages.
- Being social media savvy.
- Being able to bring your own funnels or customer leads.
What we offer:
- Competitive base plus uncapped commissions
- Shaw provides a customizable benefits plan to suit you and your family’s needs including extended coverage on massages, Invisline and laser eye surgery. The benefits are available immediately to full-time employees
- 3 weeks of paid vacation so that you can have a healthy work-life balance
- Incredible employee discounts for all your entertainment needs including WideOpen Internet 150, all you can watch TV/video, and all you can talk long distance, as well as corporate discounts with many major retail partners
- Dedicated resources for continuous learning and career growth as well as opportunities both locally and across Canada.
- Success Sharing Program, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Employee Stock Options Programs, scholarships for dependents, enhanced parental leave, and retirement and savings plans
- A Recruit & Reward program to help you earn up to $600 when you refer a friend or family member to a role at Shaw
- Employee Giving Programs to augment your charitable endeavors and support you in giving back to the community
- Canadians serving Canadians in their own city
What we require:
- Standard working hours for this team are Monday-Friday, 12:00pm-8:30pm. However, the flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: J0217-1838
Sales Consultant - Calgary Renovation Division
Internal Sales Consultant
Sales consultant - North America (home based)
In-Home Sales Consultant - Calgary, AB