We are in expansion and is looking for roofers and labors with experience in the Ottawa area.
Job duties for labours:
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- Operates manual or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
Interpersonal Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Good physical condition and stamina