As our Marketing Artist you will be responsible for producing in-house marketing art and managing the marketing assets needed for our communications. Main part of your duties will be creating top-quality visual assets for websites, social media channels, video production, trade shows, merchandise and all other non-in-game instances. Your goal is to wow the audience, create buzz around our games and strengthen our brands with your work. You will work closely with the studio game production and international Ubisoft marketing teams. In addition, you will get to work with external partners and agencies on art productions and video productions such as game trailers.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for games, entertainment and great marketing. You are a fountain of creative ideas, but also enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. You can keep track of multiple things at the same time, manage the project side of marketing art production and prioritize work against schedules, while making sure the quality of your work stays at the highest level. You?re used to an autonomous working style and taking initiative comes naturally to you.
- Create top quality marketing assets for our websites, social media channels and other media
- Participate in managing and developing the brands and visual identity of the studio and it?s games
- Participate in developing marketing campaign concepts
- Manage the project side of marketing art
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to coordinate the production and delivery of marketing materials and to ensure that the visual identity of our brands and marketing art are aligned with the global marketing strategy
- 3+ years experience in creating marketing art
- Strong experience with graphic design, layout, composition and typography
- Proficient in 3Ds Max, Modo, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop.
- Great eye and technical proficiency for creating finalized and clean looking pieces of art
- Good knowledge of visual and stylistic trends in games, film and entertainment
- Able to create a variety of art styles, from cartoons to realistic renderings
- Able to create professional looking materials for studio visual identity and business applications
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Photoshop, Illustrator is a plus
- Understanding of video production, editing and compositing
- Ability to take initiative, be responsive to deadlines and manage marketing art projects
- Experience giving detailed feedback and communicate direction between both internal teams and external partners
- Good communication skills in English
- Online portfolio is required and must be included with application
- Video editing and compositing experience is a big plus (e.g. Premiere, After Effects)
- Good understanding of brands and marketing outside of marketing art
- Game / entertainment industry experience
- Mobile marketing experience
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- In studio Gym
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
- International and diverse team
- New and funky Studio
Ubisoft Halifax is one of the newest Ubisoft Studio's to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft first exclusively Mobile studio in North America, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP?s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic building and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three University?s, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City overlooking the beautiful waterfront, in the historic and Iconic Keith's Brewery. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoon's off.
Videographer & New Media Designer
Graphic Production Artist/Photographer/Videographer
Editor (One-year maternity leave)
Editor & Publications Coordinator