Canada Pump and Power Corporation
We are currently seeking a Geomatics Engineer to become our Mighty Dredge development geomatics expert. The Dredge has been in a 3-year trial in our test facility and has had recent extremely good success in a pilot trial. Future development includes a GPS/telematics project and implementation plan to occur over a one-year period that will enable the expert to take the Dredge to the next level by adding to its geospatial capabilities.
- Create and implement a one-year project plan for how to further develop the GPS/telematics components of the Dredge
- Develop an attitude heading reference system, and position/map the movement of the cutter in the underwater space
- Enable under ice functionality by incorporating survey tools to enable mapping
- Integrate mapping through time and other geo-spatial data into the various applications of the Dredge
- Expand its capabilities and applications to improve functionality by adding the attitude heading reference system (AHRS) to measure depth and proximity without direct reference to the surface; optimize the cutter head to position it in the pond or other underwater space in real time; enable mapping of its work through time; and develop a surveying system for under ice application
- Upon completion of the one-year Dredge product development project, the candidate will continue in the role of Dredge development expert. They will continue to refine the geo-spatial components to enhance its commercialization potential by ensuring a continuously improved and market-ready product. They will continue to contribute to any commercialization projects of the Dredge in both local and export markets and will contribute to developing the geo-spatially driven support equipment and processes needed to manufacture multiple units
- Obtained designation in Engineering
- Professional member of APEGA
- Geomatics credential or equivalent experience
- Associated pump and dredge experience in Western Canada
- Working mechanical expertise
- Strong English language skills
We are pleased to offer a total compensation package. This includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits plan, participation in a company matching pension plan, participation in our profit sharing plan, as well as personal development, career advancement and long-term employment opportunities.