We’re on the hunt for someone meticulous and adaptable; someone who is insightful to diverse cultures and circumstances while maintaining a polished and professional work ethic. That someone could be you!
Organization and abiding by proper procedures and standards is at the top of your priority list. You continuously demonstrate a high level of professionalism amongst peers and when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. You’re knowledgeable and proficient with general office duties yet also have a knack for bookkeeping, excel databases and organizing events and meetings. Above all, your effective communications skills towards peers and team members depict your integrity and dedication in not just getting the job done but getting it done in an exceptional manner.
Our client is a small organization that works especially close with the local First Nations Bands. They oversee multiple projects including resource development and environmental protection while keeping industry standards at their forefront. Although business minded and goal orientated, maintaining their customs and beliefs is their highest priority when conducting day to day proceedings and building relationships.
As the next Executive Assistant, you will have numerous roles that will demand you to have an effective organizational system to ensure that you meet all deadlines and requirements while keeping the Band’s overall vision the focus of your day to day tasks.
The Role – Located North of Chase, BC
- Attend meetings of Political Executive, Political Council and Technical work group meetings
- General office duties
- Updating and maintaining Motions binder, including cross-referencing if necessary
- Compile and develop all meeting and agenda packages while ensuring a timely delivery
- Record all meeting minutes, recommendations and motions, ensure all are typed and distributed
- Tracking progress on all action items recorded in meetings
- Maintaining Excel meeting database
- Assist in organizing events, meeting venues and catering, as necessary
- Bookkeeping duties
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Create and maintain digital hardcopy filing system
- Some travel to and from meetings and events
Your Skills & Experience:
- ***Must have experience working with First Nations***
- Experience and an understanding of computer programs and office equipment
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Post secondary education in related field
- 3 – 5 years of general office experience
- Dynamic written and oral communication skills
- Team player while working with little to no supervision
- Day to day bookkeeping experience
- Coordinating meetings and events
- Prioritizing deadlines
If you think you got what it takes to be a part of this unique opportunity please apply now as this career opportunity will not last long!
Landscape Technician and Design Assistant
Administrative and Program Assistant, Building Improvement and Transformation Capacity