Senior Front-End Developer
What Will You Be Doing?
Technology at Strawhouse is a pretty crazy place - we’re producing tools to more intelligently launch and scale products in new markets. We build tooling to automate marketing, understand consumer psychology, and predict success. You’ll be the primary owner of an in-house project working with significant amounts of data to improve our team’s understanding, automation and experimentation platforms.
- Construct a React SPA using Redux, React Router, and other modern front end technology
- Collaborate with the backend and API engineers to develop new features and to integrate functionality
- Build reusable and efficient abstractions
- Implement sensible and defensive unit testing, intended to catch bugs, guide understanding and aid in refactoring
- Participate in discussions, code reviews, and engineering and planning sessions. Help guide junior members of the team to understand development, code cleanliness and front-end best practices
Who are you?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a combination of related work experience
- Emphasis in maintaining code cleanliness and scalable and reusable engineering practices
- Familiarity with server-side web development; both technologies: node.js, PHP, Ruby (on Rails), and practices: MVC, MVVM, database design (normality, indexing), security considerations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Understanding of web standards and technologies: HTML, CSS, ECMAScript, etc.
- Cross-browser compatibility and performance considerations
- Full stack experience: database and express.js through to the browser
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with modern PHP (this team does not write much PHP, but we integrate with PHP services from time-to-time)
- Database expertise: theoretical understanding of database fundamentals, practical experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with online advertising, especially Facebook advertising
- Experience with experiment design - A/B testing, multivariate testing, regression analysis, power tests and generalized statistical literacy are major assets
Who are We?
Strawhouse is an unusual blend of venture capital and digital marketing mastery. Through a mix of human creativity, in-house software, and financial resources, we invest in scaling customer acquisition for dozens of the world’s most interesting and fastest growing companies. Despite being one of the world’s largest Facebook advertisers and creating billions of dollars in market value you’ve probably never heard of us - anonymity is a feature we offer to our entire portfolio. We have a very diverse, result driven, no-ego environment. We not only encourage new ideas but require them to thrive.
Neat stuff about us
- We are the largest Canadian based Facebook advertising partner.
- We encourage everyone here to ‘be themselves’. Our strength comes from our diversity. This means a casual office dress code and environment.
- We’re currently at the building stage on our new downtown Kelowna HQ
- We offer unlimited snacks and coffee, as well as team lunches on fridays!
- In addition to competitive compensation, employees receive $2000/year in travel vouchers for whatever!
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- Employee Stock Option Plan