Heavy Civil Estimator
TRS Staffing Solutions
We are currently seeking a high caliber Heavy Civil Estimator for our client.
- Review RFP, addenda, and all other contractual documents.
- Prepare and participate in meetings with clients, joint venture partners and consultants.
- Prepare work breakdown structures, quantity takeoffs, and requests for quotes.
- Identify local subcontractors and suppliers, solicit quotes and prepare comparison sheets.
- Participate in the preliminary and final cost estimates.
- Responsible formaintaining large working files as supporting documentation for estimating figures including current, accurate information on process for vendors through exclusive contact, marketing material, pre-existing price list etc.
- Perform all other related tasks that will help complete the project.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or all other equivalent training.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience in heavy civil.
- Experience in working for a contractor in major infrastructure projects
- Experience in P3 procurement processes is desirable
- Ability to work with deadlines and in a team environment.
- Good knowledge of local trades and subcontractors
- Previous experience with quantity takeoff and estimating experience using Heavy Bid, Timberline, Chief Estimator or MC2 Software
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word
- Good knowledge of contracts, codes, industry practices, and key trade contractors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Quote Job Reference: 951924