Property Assessor Assistant (Summer Student)
Municipal District of Bonnyville No.87
We invite applications for the position of Property Assessor Assistant for the 2017 summer term. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Administrative Services and provide assistance to the Property Assessment Staff with a variety of duties, including data collection, data entry and communicating with the public.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- File documents in the municipality’s manual and electronic filing systems.
- Perform file maintenance procedures.
- Inspect properties and collect real property data, including any necessary field work for on-site property inspections.
- Enter real property information into the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal software program (CAMA – System).
- Communicate with property owners in regards to public inquiries, complaints, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Administrative Services or delegate.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary working towards the Property Assessor profession.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract if required.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel shall be considered an asset.
- Demonstrate effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please visit http://md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.