Human Resources Officer
Give and Go Prepared Foods
“Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp.” a trusted manufacturer of baked goods operating for over 25 years, we’re all about providing innovative, quality bakery solutions that meet our customer needs, whether it’s convenience, increased efficiency, creative product offerings, and of course, growing sales.
A career at Give & Go gives you the opportunity to work in a fast-growing, dynamic environment filled with highly skilled professionals. We are currently looking for a qualified and experienced ‘Human Resources Officer’ to join our Team. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Regular; Permanent; Full time
ANTISIPATED START TIME: As soon as possible
SALARY: $25.00 per hour
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT: 37.5 hours/week
WORK SETTING: Professional Office Environment
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Maintain standard of conduct, Flexible, Consistent & Fair, respectful
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Develop and implement a human resource plan and personnel management policies and procedures.
- Explain employment standards and legislation such as worker’s compensation, labor standards and Fair Practice Act.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Conduct On-boarding training for Hourly employees. Coordinate and conduct cyclical training sessions and on the spot retraining on HR related policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Bachelor’s or college diploma in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Proved ability to perform complex tasks with Office suite and Internet navigation.
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals policies and procedures
- Good Team building skills, problem solving skills and counselling skills
- Highly proficient level Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs
Summer Student - Facility Services
Coordinator, Research and Education
Senior Development Officer â€“ maternity leave
Senior Development Officer, Patron Programs & Annual Fund (Contract)