QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager
TRS Staffing Solutions
We are currently looking for a talented QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager for a role supporting various Pipeline projects across Western Canada with a base in Calgary. Our client is a joint-venture between two leading pipeline construction companies, based right here in Canada and the UK.
The QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager is responsible for developing the systems and processes required by the Company to maintain a consistent way of working across the business; for managing the QHSE performance monitoring and reporting requirements; and for managing up to 7 direct reports. The QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager is also Owner of the Integrated Management Systems (IMS) overseeing the development of QHSE policy, standards and expectations, management systems, reporting systems and assurance.
- Contribute to the establishment and promotion of strategy, plans and best practice in QHSE matters in conjunction with the QHSE Director.
- Take the lead in building and delivering a process map based Integrated Management System (IMS) and ensuring it is fit for purpose and up to date.
- Manage and maintain the ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 accreditations.
- Develop the H&S systems to OHSAS 18001 in readiness for transfer over to ISO 45001 certification.
- Establish a QHSE performance monitoring process which drives continual improvement and develop reporting infrastructure to ensure monthly updates are provided.
- Oversee production of all internal routine QHSE reporting requirements and statistics.
- Day to day management of the IMS ensuring it is efficient and meets the needs of its stakeholders.
- Develop training packages for roll out to project teams to ensure full understanding and requirements of the IMS.
- Devise and manage the QHSE audit plan and produce routine reports highlighting strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage QHSE input requirements for PQQs, tenders, ISNetworld etc. to ensure relevant, up to date information is provided.
- Liaise with the project team and Department Directors/Managers to ensure fit for purpose management systems are in place and maintained.
- Set up and maintain a QHSE knowledge bank and develop and ensure relevant information is shared in a timely manner.
- Undertake routine QHSE audits, inspections and site tours to check compliance with the IMS standards and expectations and gather areas of best practice for sharing throughout the rest of the business.
- Represent the Company at both client and external best practice forums as required and ensure identified learning and best practice is integrated into the Management System.
- Deputise for the QHSE Director in their absence as required.
- Note: in addition to these duties personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the Company.
- Diploma or degree in a related field and/or combination of education and relevant experience.
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certificate.
- ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor is considered an asset.
- 8 10 years of experience in a construction based systems and assurance related position.
- Track record in developing and rolling out integrated management systems in a construction based organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Full working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Understanding of the oil and gas industry (preferably pipeline/facility construction).
Quote Job Reference: 951760