QA/QC Manager (Pipeline Construction)
TRS Staffing Solutions
We are currently looking for a talented QA/QC Manager for a role supporting various Pipeline projects across Western Canada with a base in Calgary. Our client is a joint-venture between two leading pipeline construction companies, based right here in Canada and the UK.
The QA/QC Manager is responsible for ensuring the Company QA/QC systems and processes are utilized on projects to maintain a consistent way of working across the business; for providing support to the QA/QC Leads and assist in providing solutions to QA/QC issues; for managing the QA/QC performance monitoring and reporting requirements; and for managing the QA/QC Leads, Inspectors and Administrators.
- Manage and maximize the use of project quality resources to effectively deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Provide corporate leadership, mentorship and directions to all project quality control personnel.
- Perform audits of shop and project sites to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, client specifications and the Quality Management System.
- Assist with the development of additional Weld Procedure Specifications and other technical certifications as required.
- Develop training packages for roll out to project teams to ensure full understanding and requirements of the Integrated Management Systems (IMS).
- Assist in development and support of the quality related key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Work with the QHSE Director to develop and deliver a QA/QC strategy and annual budget suitable for the requirements of the department and Company.
- Lead and support the QA/QC team to first class delivery of QA/QC.
- Oversee Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) and Corrective Action Requests (CARs) investigations with consistent use of root cause analysis. Escalate reports as required. Identify trends and drive improvements across the business.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager to ensure timely input of expert knowledge to support the development, training and roll out of ISO 9001 documents.
- Develop and maintain a QA/QC knowledge bank to suit the requirements of the Company e.g. up to date specifications and codes, library of weld procedures etc.
- Work closely with the QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager to develop the QA/QC audit schedule and undertake audits as required.
- Liaising with the QHSE Systems & Assurance Manager to compile and communicate appropriate lessons learned and good practices to ensure continuous improvement across the business.
- Undertake site visits to promote leadership, engagement and support for the Walk the Line Culture Development Program.
- Manage the QA/QC input requirements for PQQs, tenders, ISNetworld etc. to ensure relevant, up to date information provided and scores are consistently high.
- Act as the QA/QC representative with clients and industry associations.
Note: in addition to these duties personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the Company.
- CSA 178.2 Certification CWB Level II or industry equivalent.
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Civil/Structural), or graduate of an applicable technical diploma program is considered an asset.
10 12 years of experience in a relevant quality control related position.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of the oil and gas industry (preferably pipeline/facility construction).
- Ability to read and understand relevant construction documents including drawings, specifications, procedures and codes of practice.
- Good working knowledge of ABSA, ASME, CSA, ISO 9001 and associated codes, standards and regulations as well as government regulatory bodies overseeing energy industry activities in Canada.
Quote Job Reference: 951761