Canadian Tire Financial Services
For more than 94 years, Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC) has been providing customers with everything they need for life in Canada. We are a family of businesses that includes Canadian Tire Retail stores, PartSource, Gas+, FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), Mark's, Canadian Tire Financial Services, CT REIT and Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities. With nearly 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets and tens of thousands of employees across the country, we are part of communities from coast-to-coast, and no one knows Canada or understands the needs of Canadians like we do.
Canadian Tire Corporation was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 by Mediacorp Canada Inc for the second consecutive year. Join our highly engaged and committed team in our award winning corporate culture.
About Canadian Tire Financial Services
We are the financial services division of one of Canada’s most trusted and recognized retailers in the country. It is our mandate to continue to create innovative financial solutions that our customers love. Our growing suite of products and services are a testament to the dynamic contributions of our employees and our continued focus on innovation. Our success is driven by a strong vision, loyal customers, and our ability to build teams that are reflective of the diverse customers and communities where we work and live.
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Performance bonus
- Profit sharing and stock purchase programs
- Flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Opportunities for career advancement
What you’ll do…articulating the vision
The New Venture & Digital Development team is a new group to Canadian Tire Bank/Canadian Tire Financial Services. It is responsible for supporting the overall Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC) strategy & digital mandates of creating a shared digital foundation that enables a best-in-class total brand experience for customers. The role of this team is to explore new technology solutions and help lead the innovative thinking in the development of the company strategy at CTB/CTFS, ensuring that the new product and digital strategies align with this mandate and CTC objectives.
You are our artist and maker. A designer and developer.
Consumer focused with a creative mindset and technology know-how.
The Creative Technologist, reports to the Manager Technology Development & Strategy, New Venture & Digital Development and would be responsible for doing work that is more similar to the art world in that you will try out new concepts and ideas. You will investigate new technology and experiment by continuously adapting, modifying and trying new concepts as part of the creative process. You will help to articulate the consumer journey and experience mapping.
- Prototype and do iterative development to explore solutions: hack and experiment.
- Forward thinking design through strategy visualization and articulation in support of our digital and technology development strategy.
- Responsible for making and coding and able to build web projects, mobile apps, and other digital experiences.
- Design capabilities to develop program schematics, data visualizations and infographics to help buy-in and understanding of complex concepts and MVPs.
- Demonstrate complex strategic models visually through storytelling and visual representation.
- Concept development and MVP prototyping of app and digital experiences, including installations and wearables.
What you’ll need….
- Strong skills in graphics & design, app and mobile MVP development.
- College or practical experience and portfolio.
- Creative tech systems and advanced graphic design skills (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, presentation software etc).
- Experience working with wireframes and a strong understanding of UX.
- Understanding of how web technologies work: HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Email creation and delivery.
- Understanding of prototyping tools like: Invision
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across the enterprise.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and translate ideas into designs.
Who you are….
- You will excel in creative thinking and execution as a self-starter who possesses strong organization and teamwork capabilities.
- Part of the design/creative community: UX/UI visioning
- You are described as: adventurer, explorer, curious, inquisitive, collaborative, nimble, experimental, tinkerer versus a master, comfortable learning new technologies
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions
- Reference Checks
- Credit Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
Quote Job Reference: 9057353131
MAC Technologist, Interaction Design
Broadast Technician, On-call
Registered Ultrasound Technologist / Ultrasonographer
Electrical Design Systems Engineer/Technologist Intern