Technical Project Leader - Principal Engineer
QuEST Global Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Business address: Pritech Sez Park, Outer Ring Road, 11B – Bellandur Village, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560103, India
- Title of position: Technical Project Leader / Principal Engineer (NOC 2132)
- Terms of employment:Permanent Full-time - (40 hours/week)
- Work location: 1400, 5th Street, Nisku, Alberta, T9E 7R6
PROJECT NAME: Advanced Mechanisms for Controlling and Steering Drill Bits for Single Run Operations
In a challenging oil and gas market, it is important for engineering companies to develop products and solutions that meet the complex technical requirements of directional drilling. Directional drilling systems and tools must be both agile and controllable and respond to the real time input logging data obtained from the formation environment deep inside the earth, as well as the additional technical complexities contributed by alternating soft and hard rock structures.
To increase efficacy of the directional drilling for our client, QuEST Global has been contracted to design and develop several tool mechanisms, including the following:
1) Relative torque and speed governor mechanisms
2) Bend axis maneuver systems
3) Sail angle control tools
4) Drill steering tools
5) Pressure managing devices
6) And several other tools.
QuEST Global therefore seeks a Technical Project Leader / Principal Design Engineer for this assignment, to perform the following:
- Design, Develop, Analyze and Conceptualize generation of drilling tools.
- Ensure the products and manufacturing procedures meet relevant API, ASTM, ASME, BPVC and other international standards.
- Determining boundary conditions for Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of critical design aspects of products. Review and interpret results from Finite Element Analysis.
- Study the Concept design, development of test fixtures and assembly fixtures by employing ‘Computer Aided Design’ (CAD).
- Effect ECO (Engineering Change Orders) activity as per manufacturing customer’s standards and procedures through the use of SAP/CWI tools.
- Trains offsite engineers about latest requirements and customer specifications.
- Review work from offsite before final delivery to customer.
- Understand the feasibility evaluation and testing of the tooling equipment.
- Investigate the use of suitable alternate materials by researching requirements of oil well conditions, corrosion and wear properties, bearing in mind cost of alternate materials.
- Perform concept design and development of drilling tools, as well as tolerance stack-up analysis and GD&T.
- Validate designs to meet performance requirements like tensile strength, burst pressure, collapse pressure, bearing strength, etc., by using numerical methods and / or hand calculations.
- Utilize advanced mechanical engineering software skills.
- Ensures PMP (project management process) and QMS (Quality Management System) compliance and process maturity of the projects.
- Maintain and monitor scheduling and costing of projects.
- Review and sign-off complete product design packages which include Technology Part Reports (product definition and specification documents), component and assembly drawings, installation manuals, maintenance instructions, etc.
Requirements to perform job duties:
- Master of Engineering / Technology (M.E. / M. Tech: equivalent to MS/ PG Diploma) in Mechanical Engineering with research experience is required.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in CAD and ECO implementation is required.
- Good proficiency of Solid works software is required.
- Good proficiency of Cape-CWI is required.
- Desire for continuous education and training effort.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within engineering organization.
- Familiarity with API, ASTM and ASME standards.
- Strong understanding of using Finite Element Analysis tools like ANSYS is preferred.
- Work experience in Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
- Utilize advanced mechanical engineering software skills (listed below).
Wage per annum:$85,280
- Vacation: 10 days per year
- Dental, Disability, Group Insurance, and Medical Benefits.
Process Safety Engineer
Principal Engineer â€“ Civil / Structural Engineering - Nuclear
Principal Environmental Scientist/Engineer