Circuit Pack Design Authority / Technical Lead
What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.Lumentum.com
What will you do in this role?
The role is a design authority for optical circuit pack and module products. The position is in the Circuit Pack System Design team which is responsible for providing technical leadership for the development of module and blade level optical communications products. This product line is a strong and growing part of Lumentum’s communications portfolio and leverages our industry leading vertical integration in the optical transport and transmission space. The position will offer the opportunity to work on a wide range of products with highly integrated functionality covering the optical transport and transmission market.
As a design authority you will be primarily responsible for leading a multidisciplinary development team to deliver custom designed products meeting customer requirements. You will work closely with functional design teams, verification, reliability, project management, PLM and Operations to successfully develop new products and bring them to production. In addition, there is a strong customer facing aspect to the role as you will be the primary interface for technical discussions on requirements and specifications and technical program status.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing/guiding integration and initial validation testing on new designs
- Optical design specification analysis and budgeting;
- Selection of optical components for designs and component specification development;
- Manufacturing and verification data analysis;
- Lifecycle support for existing product designs – managing EOL components, cost reductions, field failures.
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
- Bachelors or Masters level technical degree, preferred areas of focus would be physics, engineering physics, optical or electrical engineering;
- 5+ years experience in a development or similar technical role with broad exposure to optics, hardware and firmware;
- Broad knowledge of optical transport components and subsystems is required;
- Knowledge and experience with optical transmission, high speed electronics and/or system level development would all be strong assets;
- Experience in a technical leadership role, particularly in a multidisciplinary environment.
Quote Job Reference: 10001591