Junior Commissioning Agent
Vancouver , BC
Integral Group is a team of local leaders with global voices and a passion for deep green engineering solutions. We provide a full range of building system design and energy analysis services, with a staff widely regarded as innovative leaders in their fields. Located in fifteen offices across North America and the United Kingdom, along with an international network of affiliates, our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Our organization is designed to specifically meet the challenge of accelerating critical change in sustainable building practices. Our integrated approach to building systems design allows us to enhance opportunities that nature provides, working in harmony with a building’s environment to reduce its reliance on outside energy sources. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We’re committed to engaging you with learning and growth opportunities. As a relationship based people-centric firm, we are focused on making a difference in the world with the people we interact with.
You’ll enjoy great benefits including half-day Fridays, and award-winning open office design and location and company-sponsored social events. With Canadian offices in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Toronto, and high-profile projects around the world, we are a growing company and were ranked as one of Canada’s Top 50 Workplaces three times in the last five years.
This opportunity will be of interest to a Junior Commissioning Agent or similar technical based skillset in the Vancouver area who is respected in their field not only for their developing technical knowledge, but also their positive attitude towards communication and support skills in collaborating with teammates and site project personnel.
This individual will be looking to enhance their technical and practical experience in supporting the development, execution and tracking of commissioning and performance testing activities on challenging modern projects. This may include, coordinating activities with teammates, project consultant teams and contractors as well as participating in facility performance testing programs.
The Commissioning Agent will have a developing understanding of multi discipline Mechanical, Electrical and Automation systems within modern facilities, and a basic understanding of commissioning and performance related testing of these systems.
This exciting position will be directly involved in a variety of interesting market sector projects such as: health care, institutional, laboratory, educational, manufacturing and advanced commercial buildings. The individual will be required to work closely and in a professional manner in support of Engineers, Architects, Specialty Consultants and other Field Personnel as dictated by the unique challenges and requirements of modern facilities.
As a valuable member of the Commissioning Team, the Individual will also be afforded access to a vast repository of mentorship and technical resources and skilled subject matter experts that are committed to imparting their expertise and depth of practical knowledge with teammates.
- Supporting and participating in a wide variety of performance engineering projects
- Coordination and implementation of Commissioning and Performance Testing Processes and methodologies, and the detailed capture and effective recording of these project details and findings
- A combination of onsite and office based project duties as determined by the needs of the project scope
- Supporting the Commissioning Project Team in the active testing, capture and issues resolution of Mechanical, Electrical and automation related technical services within facilities
- Assist in the development of detailed and concise reports and support documentation for these tasks in both digital and hard copy formats
- University degree, college/technology diploma in engineering or related equivalent is required
- Two (2) years’ experience in the Commissioning and/or Performance Testing fields is an asset
- Basic understanding and experience in troubleshooting Mechanical and Electrical Building Systems
- Basic understanding and experience troubleshooting building automation/controls systems
- Eligibility and intent to pursue certification with APEGBC or ASTTBC
- Operations, Maintenance and Sustainable Technology experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Basic experience in implementing project schedules (utilizing Microsoft Project, Prima Vera, etc.)
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Experience performing Energy Audits is an asset
- Valid 5 Class driver’s license
- Must be insurable, bondable and able to qualify for security clearance
You are results oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful; and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility. Integral Group is a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and welcomes applications from like-minded individuals.