Pink Elephant Inc.
Privately owned and headquartered in Burlington, we are a global leader in providing IT Service Management consulting, education and conferences. And we are proud to be celebrating 40 years as highly respected pioneer in our field.
Are you ready to take your Instructional Design talents to a new level?
The Instructional Designer will identify adult learning strategies and develop content for online, instructor led and blended delivery models. In collaboration with certified instructors, consultants, and the product development team, the incumbents will develop courseware that we will sell to our customers. You are experienced in your field and want to contribute directly to product development and revenue generating activities. Most of all, you are ready to take on the challenge of instructional design in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Using sound adult learning and design principles, create interactive and engaging instructional materials and performance support tools for classroom and web-enabled courses for both synchronous and asynchronous education
- Update and refresh courses in compliance with standards and accreditation requirements
- Analyze customer satisfaction ratings and implement improvement initiatives in a scheduled release cycle
- Work with Consultants and the Product Development team to determine the appropriate training approach to accomplish course objectives
- Create media to support learning (e.g. visual aids, multimedia for e-learning and online)
- Design and develop course material in Storyline Articulate and Moodle platforms
- Be responsible and accountable for course material quality
- Project-manage the development and maintenance of all assigned courses to specified and clearly communicated deliverable dates
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Support the administration of Storyline Articulate, Moodle and other online tools as required
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience in design and development of management training programs and program materials
- Previous experience in an entrepreneurial commercial environment where product development was used for external client training purposes
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Certificate in one of the following fields: Education, Adult Learning, or eLearning
- Experience with SCORM is highly desirable.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, especially Moodle is required
- A strong background in ADDIE / SAM methodologies and in developing online education using Articulate Storyline Camtasia, Audacity and Adobe Captivate
- Knowledge of online collaboration tools (whiteboards, break-out rooms, polling, chat rooms) for use in instructor-led online training (WebEx)
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills: animations, embedded content, etc.
- Advanced MS Word skills: references, table of contents, watermarks, etc.
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to theoretical subject matter to create engaging course materials
- Outstanding organization skills, attention to details and a disciplined approach to following procedures, maintaining records, documenting changes, managing towards release dates, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to manage numerous deadlines and very aggressive timelines
- Understanding of all phases of the development life cycle
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including a company sponsored RRSP
- A dynamic, entrepreneurial small office environment
- An interesting, collaborative, and challenging work experience
This is an office-based position (8:30 am to 5:30 pm).
REPOST- Instructional Designer, Educational Technologies- Temporary
Crime and Media - Content Expert/Curriculum Developer
Instructional Designer 20772-1 - 229241
CRIM 1011 - Introduction to Criminology - Content Expert/Curriculum Developer