Parks and Recreation Manager
Municipal District of Bonnyville No.87
This position will report to the Director of Community Services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise Parks and Recreation Staff.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of campgrounds, ball diamonds, trails and parks, including but not limited to, grass cutting, garbage collection campsite maintenance and picnic table repairs.
- Perform general maintenance and inventory control of Parks equipment.
- Coordinate the effective operation of campgrounds with caretakers.
- Maintain and advise of any required campground equipment.
- Assist with Parks budgeting.
- Assist with short term and long term project planning.
- Coordinate projects/tasks with other M.D. departments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a Parks environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Ball diamond maintenance experience.
- Carpentry experience will be considered an asset.
- Experience with equipment operation will be considered an asset.
- Able to work as part of a team or alone with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hold a valid driver’s license in good standing and the license held must be valid for the classification of the motor vehicle required to operate.
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract if required.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.