Senior Construction Project Manager
GBS Construction Managers Inc
An established Project and Construction Management Company specialize in commercial interiors, hospitality, retail, institutional, resorts and multi-residential new build projects, based in Vancouver with projects covering British Columbia up to $30,000,000.00.
Our company is seeking to recruit a Senior Construction Project Manager with 15+ years of interior renovation design/built experience and 5+ years of new build experience. Successful candidate must have proven knowledge of construction, design, project finance, contracts and management. Advance problem solving, organisational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Education: Architect or Project Management – Bachelor or Master Degree
- Strong English skills.
- Minimum 15 years of construction management experience on design-built projects.
- Completed bachelor or master degree in architecture or project management.
- Experience with commercial interiors renovation projects and managing detailed custom millwork and furniture installation.
- An asset is experience in hospitality and winter resorts.
- An asset is experience with European suppliers.
- An asset is experience with big scale international projects.
- Background in design.
- Experience with preparing and updating project budgets, forecasting and managing subcontractor costs to meet or exceed target profitability.
- Knowledge of preparing monthly billings and progress draws.
- Superior problem solving and negotiation skills.
- A track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
- Contracting experience.
- Familiar with Project Management softwares.
- Ability to manage small group of in house staff.
- Ability for business development and marketing.
- Client management & business development.
- Preparing proposals.
- Contract and construction administration.
- Reviewing tenders, choosing and communicating with trades.
- Communicating and negotiating directly with clients and designers on daily bases.
- Preparation of master and detailed schedules.
- Risk Analysis and defining risk and contingencies at the various stages of the project.
- Managing team members
Mandatory computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project. High proficiency in AutoCAD is an asset.
- 40 hours work week. As this is a management position OT maybe required.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Annual salary $75,000 - $90,000
- Extended health insurance package
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 0711
Project Manager - Intermediate to Senior
Senior Vice President & General Manager Vancouver Shipyard
Commercial Project Manager/HVAC Estimator
Commercial Project Manager / Electrical Estimator