Coordinator, Safety and Compliance/ Fleet Maintenance
Titanium Transportation Group Inc.
Titanium is a leading asset-based transportation and logistics company servicing Canada and the United States, with approximately 400 power units, over 1,300 trailers and over 500 employees and independent owner operators. Titanium provides truckload, dedicated, and cross-border trucking services, freight logistics, and warehousing and distribution to over 1,000 customers. Titanium is a recognized consolidator of asset-based transportation companies in Ontario, having completed eight asset-based trucking acquisitions since 2011. Titanium has also been ranked by PROFIT magazine as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies for eight consecutive years.
"Strength Beyond Borders"
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This role will work to provide various levels of support to fleet safety and regulatory compliance areas our operations. This role will be responsible for managing both the collection and issuance of information, supporting the enforcement of company practices and policies. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in learning and growing within the organization, as we value the importance of internally developing our staff. To be considered for this position you must have a passion to become an expert on all fleet safety operations as it pertains to Titanium and within the transportation industry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of High School Diploma
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience working within the transportation industry, with knowledge of associated laws and regulations, would be considered an asset for this role
- Ability to present information with confidence to varying audience(s)
- Proficient with the use of a computer, including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with TMW software would be considered an asset
- Experience working with Shaw Tracking/ Qualcomm satellite software and equipment would be considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as a member of a team
- Proven experience dissecting information in all forms and compiling data to allow for efficiencies analysis
- At times, work independently to complete assignments as necessary, thinking forward and identifying opportunities for process automation when possible
- Strong ability to multi-task and effectively manage all assigned work requirements
- Possession of valid G class driving license with clean driver abstract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with drivers to provide information and respond to regular operation inquiries
- Participate in recruitment, interview and pre-employment process for new company drivers
- Learn and assist with the ongoing development of corporate policies and practices pertaining to drivers to allow for effective and accurate enforcement
- Participate in all aspects of driver coaching, development and disciplinary process as deemed appropriate by manager or Human Resources
- Assist with management of defects, violations and compliance matters and input entries as necessary to track deficiencies
- Facilitate driver orientation and training programs, including satellite and e-log training
- Manage equipment and personnel data entry and updates to various computer systems using multiple software platform
- Build employee files, ensuring accurate completion of required on-boarding and orientation paperwork and manage all associated requirements
- Ensure payroll enrolment documentation is completed correctly and forwarded to designated personnel
- Complete enrolment and test scheduling for random drug and alcohol testing for all safety-sensitive positions
- Assist with equipment licensing and documentation or identification assignments, including coordinating branding requirements
- Build equipment manuals and compile all associated materials assign manuals to equipment
- Oversee contract acknowledgements pertaining to drivers as a part of file-build and on-boarding
- Communicate with and troubleshoot issues using satellite tracking and communication system
- Assist with fuel card management and assignment, including password reset and card activations/ deactivations and troubleshooting as necessary
- Oversee ongoing compliance with all necessary authorities and complete
- Respond to various inquiries and requests via phone and email daily, communicating with internal employees at multiple facilities and external business or service partners
- Provide inputting and review assistance to fleet maintenance staff as required with the use of different systems, including maintenance invoice entries
- Perform general office functions as required
- Adhere to all Titanium Transportation Group Inc. service standards and policies, including Health & Safety
- Work in compliance with the provisions of Occupational Health and Safety
- Perform all other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quote Job Reference: 37999