Engineering Manager - Autonomous
General Motors of Canada Company
For years we’ve dreamed of self-driving cars, chauffeuring us safely from one destination to another. At General Motors, engineers around the world are developing leading edge technologies that will allow this dream to become a reality. As a member of GM Canada’s Active Safety and Autonomous team, you will work in a fast paced, highly collaborative and agile team environment, developing innovative solutions that will enable that dream.
We are currently looking for the best and brightest talent from across Canada who have a passion for controls and want to drive the automotive industry.
The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers responsible for the development of Active Safety and Autonomous control and diagnostic systems. Cumulative travel requirements of 2 to 4 weeks a year is typical, primarily to Michigan and other locations in the US.
- Provide People and Technical Leadership to a team of engineers focused on the development of Active Safety and Autonomous technologies (typical team size: 12-15 engineers)
- Lead a team in the development of System Requirements, Algorithms, Simulink Models, Test Cases, and Calibrations.
- Engage in all aspects of talent development (recruiting, mentorship, career development, progression and succession planning, etc.)
- Ensure the team follows appropriate internal processes and diagnostic design methodologies that are consistent with best practices
- Exemplify corporate values and drive a culture of accountability, innovation, and change.
- Manage the day to day operational needs of the team (budget, travel, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience within the Engineering domain
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team in the control or diagnostic domain
- Experience leading a technical team in the control or diagnostic domain
- Experience with talent development (mentorship, career development, progression and succession planning, etc.)
- Experience with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Experience in the development of embedded control systems.
- Ability to travel to the United States and possess valid Canadian driver’s license
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with many team members local and remote
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, think strategically, and initiate action in support of positive change
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with automotive embedded controls or equivalent
- Experience with OBDII, ISO26262 functional safety control systems
- Knowledge of vehicle architectures, serial data communication, and hardware/software interfaces
- Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
What Makes Us Attractive?
General Motors is reinventing itself as a company. We are driving forward, accelerating change, and opening the door to new thinking and advanced technology. Our vision is to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. General Motors of Canada strives for an open, interactive, and dynamic work environment that promotes a rapid exchange of ideas and information. Our employees represent a true cross-section of cultures, demographics, and lifestyles, which help General Motors to succeed worldwide. General Motors of Canada is continually looking for qualified candidates who have the ideas and ambition to drive GM forward as a faster moving, more agile, highly innovative developer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive components and vehicles.
When you join one of the largest organizations in the world, you can expect a rewarding experience and benefits on a similar scale. This includes:
- Everything you need to develop your skills and realize your career goals.
- An environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life.
- A culture where collaboration and team work is fostered.
- A competitive total compensation package.
- A comprehensive benefit and retirement savings program to protect you and your family.
- The resources and support you need for your health and well-being.
- A company that is committed to supporting organizations and programs focused on safety, STEM education, community development, and environment & energy.
For more information about General Motors of Canada or to search other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.gm.ca/careers.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada Ltd, please advise if you require accommodation.
General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Plant Manager - Food Manufacturing
Engineering Manager - Autonomous
Electrical Engineering Manager