Manager of Technology
Harris Leadership Strategies
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, we are a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a recurrent “Top Manitoba Employer”, WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, and at the right time.
We are seeking a proactive individual who can lead business processes that that extend beyond systems excellence to include people dynamics. This consultative leader will coach and support his/her people to thrive within a service culture. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Manager of Technology will be responsible for the management of all front-line technical support and incident management within the terminal, administration and common service buildings. S/he will be essential in the revitalization of WAA’s IT Corporate Helpdesk and airport IT incident management, providing technical and functional oversight, resolving IT issues that impact airport operations, leading the front-line IT support team, and contributing to planning, budgeting, setting and achieving departmental objectives.
- Translate WAA’s business objectives into an aligned technology process, providing guidance to evaluate, monitor and increase organizational effectiveness through the IT function;
- Execute IT strategy and modify established methods and procedures when necessary;
- Oversee the deployment of front of house technical systems and maintain passenger processing common use systems and equipment;
- Create a centralized repository of SOP for Helpdesk, highlighting standardization and efficiency;
- Provide technical and functional IT support to accurately reflect consistent reporting on a timely basis, with accuracy;
- Manage changes to the passenger processing common use environment and direct platform upgrades as needed;
- Responsible for lifecycle planning, purchase, deployment, support and ongoing maintenance of all desktop tools, screens, displays, kiosks, projectors, meeting room equipment, mobility tools and peripheral equipment;
- Streamline process for escalating IT issues that impact airport operations, and develop new metrics for IT to monitor performance against business objectives;
- Connect and build productive relationships with colleagues at all levels and functions, inducing the Airport Operations Centre and other stakeholders such as airlines, tenants, agencies, business partners and the general public;
- Develop frequent formal and informal touchpoints to ensure continuous communication with IT staff, management, front-line staff, airline staff, terminal staff, vendors and retailers with WAA;
- Maintain strong working relationships with the IT department, other departments, business suppliers, government regulatory representatives, industry associations, professional agencies, customers and executives
- Plan, organize, assign, review and evaluate the work of technical support and operational staff;
- Train, coach and mentor IT staff members, fostering a culture shift with emphasis on job sharing, knowledge transfer and multi-skilling employees; and
- Oversee IT budget and approve maintenance, support and capital contract payments.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 10 years’ experience working in a corporate IT environment supporting complicated and competing demands;
- Comfortable managing and maintaining computer systems for multiple stakeholders;
- Proven track record of implementing IT standards and operating procedures;
- Combination of experience managing IT support staff, project management and change management;
- Proven track record of implementing IT standards, operating procedures, and new solutions to intricate problems;
- Ability to connect and build productive relationships with colleagues at all levels and functions;
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to explain technology solutions to non-technical colleagues; and
- Experience with airport and airline operations an asset.
Quote Job Reference: 17110
IT Solutions Manager
Digital Business Senior Manager -GTM
Manager, Business Intelligence IBD, Oakville, Canada
Manager, Operational Excellence, Oakville, Canada