Jr. Construction Technician
TR Canada Inc
We are an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
Summary: Reporting to Canada Construction Coordinator, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in the field. The candidate will be mentored and required to prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports. The candidate may be intermittently travelling to other project sites in Calgary, Edmonton and areas surrounding Fort McMurray as required for occasional meetings. He/she must be organized, a multitasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Responsibilities: (will include but are not limited to)
- Preparing technical plans of construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports.
- Developing mobilization and demobilization plans of construction projects.
- Visiting job sites at regular intervals to inspect all phases of construction ensuring the progress and quality of work.
- Liaising with engineering, construction and contractors to meet the turnover timeline.
- Interacting regularly with the management team and maintaining relationship with subcontractors through weekly and monthly meetings or when required.
- Documenting and reviewing Subcontractors to ensure accuracy.
- Validating constructability and providing feedback conducted in bid reviews.
- Guaranteeing all contractual obligations of the project are understood and met by all parties involved.
- Participating on construction schedules, budgets and personnel.
- Performing other technical functions and job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of oil and gas construction or petrochemical industry responsibilities, an asset
- Proficiency in various MS Office, AutoCAD 2D/3D, Presto and SmartPlan Material Software.
- Detail oriented, well organized, problem-solver, time management, great communications skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment and under tight time constraints.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a University degree. Engineering considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in construction O&G Plants, EPC and LSTK contract and International.
Number of Positions: 1
Hours of work (shifts): Base of 40 hours/week. Permanent – Full Time. Willing to travel.
Salary range: Wage is dependent on successful candidate’s experience and education.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and RRSP's Plans.
Emergency Response Team Leader
Manager of Tunneling Operations-Pipeline Construction
Financial Controller - construction project experience