This role is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our customers. They are also responsible for receiving, stocking and facing of produce products and maintaining general cleanliness throughout the store and in the department.
- Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance and cleanliness
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Manager.
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures.
- Assist in receiving, storing, and stocking of products while ensuring proper product rotation and quality.
- Create and build product displays, ensure proper facing of products, and handle product damages and credits according to company policy.
- Maintain proper stocking and rotation of merchandise in the produce and floral department, including trimming, watering, and merchandising of products to ensure fresh, high quality offerings.
- Must be familiar with store products and their locations in order to assist customers in locating items.
- Place orders as requested
- Replace used stock, face and rotate current stock and ensure satisfactory inventory levels.
- Conducts carry-outs for customers upon request
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Assist in the training of others
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting and ability to carry/lift 50 lbs.
- Working Conditions - Inside, Cold and dry.
- Repetitive Action- Unload produce deliveries, stock, rotate and block merchandise in all produce cases, keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools.
- Flexibility: Produce clerks might be asked to work evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Production Billing Clerk
Production Billing Clerk
Pass Permit Clerk