Victoria and Kelowna Parks, BC
WildPlay is a cool place to achieve your career goals, and use your professional skills and talents to create awesome outdoor adventure experiences.
We are seeking a Park Manager in both Kelowna and Victoria, BC who will lead and be accountable for the overall success of their WildPlay Parks location. If you can inspire the employee clan to meet and exceed customer expectations while being attuned to safety and risk management practices, financial performance, and efficient operations, start your WildPlay career today.
Joining the WildPlay ?clan? means working with a close-knit group of people. Together, employees turn challenges into opportunities, and enjoy learning from peers and leaders, taking on new responsibilities, being part of an energetic work environment, getting free access to unlimited WildPlay activities, and more.
WHAT YOU?LL DO ON THE JOB
- Recruit and develop a high performing team by:
- Providing leadership through coaching and mentoring based on performance evaluation.
- Giving feedback.
- Instilling WildPlay?s company values.
- Ensure safety, inspections, maintenance, and risk management standards are maintained.
- Oversee finances and manage revenue, profit, accounting, and payroll to achieve budget targets.
- Exemplify the WildPlay brand and create the ideal guest experience.
- Plan and implement local/regional sales and marketing initiatives to achieve revenue and business objectives.
- Establish, monitor, and achieve key performance goals.
- Engage employees in company culture within the Park and throughout the WildPlay Network.
- Maintain an awareness of all aspects of the Park
- Foster relationships and communication with Park Services and other WildPlay Parks.
- Participate in Network-driven initiatives.
- Keep aware of and adhere to regulatory requirements for the Park?s geographic location (Worksafe BC, Human Rights, Employment Standards, etc.).
- Be awareness of and adhere to government statutes, laws, bi-laws, and permit restrictions.
- Maintain a clear understanding of all Park jobs and roles. Step-in when needed as Element or Guest Service support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO, Director of Operations, or Regional Manager.
REQUIRED QUALITIES AND SKILLS TO SUCCEED
- Formal education in business or recreation management, with specific marketing/sales training or experience.
- Experience planning and implementing successful marketing and sales strategies that increase immediate return and referral sales.
- Ability to build relationships within the community and act as an ambassador in one-on-one and/or public situations.
- Experience developing budgets, revenue projections, and measurement tracking/reporting.
- Positive attitude with the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Exceptional people-management and training skills in a 20+ team member environment; with previous success leading a team to deliver excellent guest service. (Preferably: experience working in a fast paced environment with seasonal hiring, team building and layoffs).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in hospitality, recreation, or highly consumer service-driven industries.
- Knowledge of safety and WorkSafe BC requirements, and experience with risk management in the recreation industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and solve problems with attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency, including expertise in Microsoft Office programs. Able to quickly learn new software. Able to resolve basic technical issues.
- Solid judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Clear Criminal Record check.
- Valid Level 1 First Aid and CPR C.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS Reports to the Director of Operations. Oversees Park employees, including direct supervision of Park/Element Supervisor(s), Guest Services and Guide Team Leads and front-line staff.
WHEN YOU?LL WORK This full-time role requires a flexible schedule according to the need of the business, which may include occasional travel and evening and weekend work. Workload fluctuates seasonally.
Job Type: Full-time
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Contract)