Building Cleaning and Maintenance Supervisor
Leston Holdings (1980) Ltd
Location of employment: #6, 10025 - 117 St, Edmonton, Alberta, T5K 1W7
Wages: $ 22.32 per hour, 40 hours a week
Shifts: Week days and week ends
Benefits: medical and dental insurance, and group benefits.
Vacancies: 1 full-time and permanent position
- Supervising and co-ordinating activities of building cleaning, maintenance and repair workers;
- Inspecting buildings suites, common areas and grounds to ensure cleanliness standards are being met at all times;
- Recommending and arranging for additional maintenance services (including but not limited to window cleaning, power-washing and carpet cleaning;
- Preparing work schedules for various building sites and seasonal projects;
- Co-ordinating activities with leasing agents and maintenance personnel;
- Instructing staff in work policies and procedures, and the use and maintenance of equipment;
- Inspecting indoor and outdoor maintenance, cleaning and repairs work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and company’s established standards;
- Investigating complaints about cleaning and maintenance works and take corrective action;
- Issuing supplies and equipment to workers;
- Inspecting and evaluating the physical condition of buildings facilities and common elements to determine the type of work required;
- Recommending changes that could improve standards and increase operational efficiency;
- Assisting cleaning staff in performing duties when necessary;
- Hiring and training new cleaning staff;
- Ensuring appropriate staffing for month end when tight deadlines need to be met;
- Implementing structured follow-up programs tailored to the tasks and specifications of each job site;
- Drafting and handing out notices for specific tasks when necessary;
- Preparing a statement of work completed in suites following a move-out;
- Developing and carrying out a general inspection of all the suites, mechanical rooms and common areas.
- Ordering, pick-up and delivering materials and supplies as required.
- Ensuring that the property grounds, buildings and parking lots are clean and presentable and well maintained at all times.
- Minimum experience of 2 years as a Cleaning and/or maintenance supervisor preferably in an apartment building and/or private property setting;
- Completion of secondary school and/or technical vocational school. Previous technical training is an asset;
- Able to communicate effectively in English language;
- Must be able to work required hours, weekends, overtime and on call;
- Excellent organizational, customer service and leadership skills;
- Able to build strong relationships with employees and residents;
- Criminal record check;
- Driver’s validity licence check;
- Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Dependability, Reliability and Client focus;
- Ability to supervise 3-4 people.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sections of the community especially underrepresented groups such as First Nations, women and recently arrived immigrants.
It is the Mission of Leston Holdings (1980) Ltd. to own and operate a high quality Real Estate portfolio, catering to both residential clientele and national commercial tenants. We are a family owned company that values business integrity. Our growth will be achieved by continuing to respect the vendors from whom we purchase real estate and by adding intrinsic value to the real estate acquired. All Real Estate developments or acquisitions will honor the land and respect the wishes of the community.
For more than 30 years Leston Holdings (1980) Ltd. has invested in a diverse portfolio of properties including multi-unit residential, commercial, retail and land held for future development.
Porter - Ironwood Estates
Light Duty Custodian (Evening)
Flood, Water Damage Technician