Freelance Software Developer
DNA Genotek, a subsidiary of OraSure Technologies, is a rapidly growing biotech company that has become the recognized world leader in DNA collection products and services. Our success is based on the strong relationships we've built with our customers and the exceptional talent of our employees. We pride ourselves on offering a fun, positive and high performance environment that supports the continued growth and development of all employees. We hope you are interested in joining our team as we are currently in search of a Freelance Software Developer.
In this role you will use your exceptional software skills to aid in the maintenance and new feature development of DNA Genotek Software Platforms, including a REST API, internal web portal, customer-facing web portal and other custom software tools. This role will give you exposure to the exciting world of bioinformatics and the types of tools and interfaces that are helping researchers globally understand genomic and microbiome influences on our global health.
Additionally you will:
- Develop and implement new fields and resources to our customer-supporting API
- Work with our product teams to validate and improve our APIs
- Build reports to help give team members insight into how our tools are being used, and to support program requirements
- Help optimize our development and QA processes for CI/CD, to make sure we can iterate and improve our software products quickly and efficiently
- Help maintain and assure high software quality through TDD and QA testing, and implement new validated processes that ensure the continued delivery of quality products
- Work on new features and enhancements for our customer-facing web portal, to help build an engaging and intuitive user experience.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of relevant job experience and training.
Experience and Other Requirements:
- Experience in REST API design and maintenance
- Linux systems admin experience
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Git and secure web app development
- Preference will be given to candidates with Software QA/unit testing, Front-end JS development, JS data visualization (eg. D3) and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound, well-justified recommendations for program capabilities and capacity