Project Manager/Estimator - Utilities
TRS Staffing Solutions
We are currently seeking a talented Project Manager/Estimator Utilities for a position located in Edmonton, AB. You will be working for one of the world?s leading engineering, procurement and construction companies.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyse tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Ensure the Company is in compliance both procedurally and in spirit with provincial, client and company occupational health, safety, and environment regulations; adherence to achieve zero loss time injuries in every workplace and a TRIF of less than 1.0.
- Build a strong relationship with the client Sr. Management, understand and react to their concerns, and ensure that our team is meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Review and ensure that required reporting is being submitted to the client to meet their deliverables schedule and contractual commitments.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and deal with change management.
- Ensure project control systems are suited for the scope enabling analytical project monitoring.
- Ensure daily and weekly reports are produced and reviewed for accuracy and presented in a professional manner.
- Foster a climate through cooperation and enthusiasm where new ideas can flourish, people can grow, and where teamwork, morale and levels of communication are enhanced.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Continually assess project team and adjust accordingly.
- Put plans in place to eliminate or mitigate all defined risks.
- Report any areas of concern to the Division Manager.
Education & Skill Requirements:
- A university bachelor?s degree or a college diploma is required.
- 10+ years project management experience with a minimum of 4+ years project site experience in the management of ground utilities in an Electrical/Utility construction environment.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction practices, procedures and techniques for both constructability and budgeting purposes.
- Proven experience managing complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Proficient with recognized estimating software.
Quote Job Reference: 950918