What do we do?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.Lumentum.com
What will you do in this role?
The High-Speed Optical Transceiver R&D group of the Lumentum is seeking a RF/Microwave Engineer to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment on the design and development of next generation high-speed optical transceiver modules. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and demonstrate ability to multi-task and work effectively in a team environment. In this role, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work as part of a world class engineering team and to contribute to the success of Lumentum in this market.
- Responsible for all aspects of RF/Microwave modeling utilizing HFSS and ADS tools;
- Responsible for specification, design capture,circuit simulation and verification of electro-optical modules running at effective bit rates of 100 Gb/s to 400Gb/s;
- Responsible for EMI containment and signal integrity compliance as part of the transceiver development process;
- Provide guidance to PCB layout designer for high-speed signal routing;
- Characterize RF performance of prototype and production ready designs using network analyzers, spectrum analyzers,TDRs, BERTs,scopes, etc;
- Work with external suppliers in the definition of high-speed laser driver and TIA components;
- Coordinate the RF design requirements between hardware development and optical packaging teams within Lumentum.
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
- Bachelor's or post graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience;
- 2+ years of industry experience in RF/Microwave modeling;
- Strong foundation in high-speed circuit design, simulation, and verification;
- Laboratory experience with high-speed test equipment;
- Experience on high speed optical transceivers is a plus but it is not a requirement;
- Multi-disciplinary background with a demonstrated record of innovation;
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
Quote Job Reference: 10001802