Inuit Program Manager
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon Canada Limited (Ottawa) seeks an Inuit Program Manager (IPM) to support the North Warning System Operation and Maintenance contract; the position is located in the program's Ottawa office. The Inuit Program Manager is a high visible position with frequent interaction with Raytheon Canada and Raytheon Company Senior Management, Government Representatives, Regional and Community Leaders, and other business leaders across Canada. The Inuit Program Manager manages the Inuit Training and Development Program Budget, and ensures all six (6) cores programs are effectively led while driving for continual improvement.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inuit recruitment and retention
- Inuit training and development;
- Inuit community consultation;
- Inuit community capacity building; and
- Planning, organizing, monitoring, and reporting success.
- Develop, oversee and report on the NWS Inuit and Development Training Plan.
- Design and implement appropriate programs and coordinate diversity-focused vendor programs, strategic partnerships, community activities, and events.
- Develop and maintain a database of Inuit Owned Companies (IOC).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on Inuit benefits metrics.
- Communicate with the citizens of Arctic communities, community groups, and businesses.
- Provide guidance to leaders and employees with regard to community outreach effort effectiveness, talent development, and recruiting and retention initiatives.
- Work with leaders and training coordinators to develop strategies that include recruiting, succession planning, skill, and professional development.
- Assist in the development of various PowerPoint presentations for leaders on Inuit benefits, training and initiatives.
- Present to leaders and senior management
- Serve as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in the field within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, a technical field or related field. Equivalent Inuit Benefit management experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of project management experience.
- Inuit benefits management experience.
- Must have the ability to speak Inuktitut and English fluently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to:
- Develop training plans.
- Manage multiple priorities.
- Travel to various northern communities.
- Work with word processing, email, PowerPoint and Excel software.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or relevant experience
- Must be capable of developing solutions to problems that require ingenuity, creativity, and innovation with little or no direction.
- Must be capable of serving as a partner with supervisors and leaders for their organization on matters relating to Inuit development initiatives.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed work locations.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to an Enhance Reliability level through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon Canada Limited is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 88427BR.
NWS Accountant Specialist Trainee
NWS Project Specialist Trainee
Library (AUL â€“ Collections and Technology) â€“ Librarian 4