Girls Recruiter and Coach
Ontario Hockey Academy
Ontario Hockey Academy (Academic based academy specializing in training hockey players)
The Ontario Hockey Academy is a private school in the heart of Canadian Hockey in Cornwall Ontario Canada. Our High Performance Academic-Athletic Academy provides expert academics along with elite hockey training and instruction. The Ontario Hockey Academy is a school that is designed to appeal and meet the escalating need for training-academic teenaged hockey player.
Full Time Positions:
1-Boys Recruiter and Coach
1-Girls Recruiter and Coach
Additional Dorm and Teaching additions available
- Areas of responsibility is coaching and recruiting student athletes.
- Assist all aspects of the hockey team including organize and administer practice, game strategies, manage schedule, manage budget, injury reports, travel arrangements and weekly meeting with the Director of Hockey.
- Actively recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Attend contests; meet with perspective student athletes on campus; telephone contacts; communication with players, coaches and scouts.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational, administrative and computer skills
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating students - athletes both academically and athletically
- A pleasant personality combined with a positive attitude is essential
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, get along and work well with other members of the department, supervisors and other employees
- Excellent time management skills
- Coaching skills
- Considerable evening and weekend work
- Some overnight travel (up to 20 times per year)
- Required to obtain an Ontario C license to which will allow you to operate a 32 passenger school bus
- Coaching Certification
- Able to obtain CPR and first aid
- Must receive a negative Criminal Record Check and a drivers abstract
- Must be currently able to work in Canada or hold an Canadian employment visa
Start Date January 1, 2017
Dorm and teaching additions are available
$650+ per week, based on experience and commission